|CVS operates more than 7,300 stores.
CVS Caremark released its 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility Report that outlines the company’s sustainability initiatives for the year.
Among the highlights:
• Expanded lighting retrofit program across stores and distribution centers.
• Upgraded to energy-efficient HVAC systems in new and relocated stores.
• Invested in more efficient refrigeration units in new and relocated stores.
• Expanded the company’s energy-management system to more than 5,000 stores that are now controlled via phone modem.
• As part of a pilot program, the company replaced irrigation system specifications at select stores, helping to reduce irrigation water use by 20 percent annually.
CVS operates more than 7,300 stores.